[maemo-users] Battery Benchmarking?

I am afraid that _IS_ the product concept of "ALWAYS ON". Of course you
don't have to be always ON, but it requires changing the default
settings. Do the following:

In Connection Manager -> Tools -> Connectivity Settings -> General:

- Connect automatically: WLAN connections
- Search interval: Never

Idle times tab:
- WLAN idle time: 5 minutes

This will ensure that for known APs you are connected automatically and
when you are idle, it is automatically disconnected. Also, by setting
search interval to NEVER, you ensure that WLAN isn't trying to look for
known APs all the time.

In Display Settings, uncheck "Show LED lights" to turn off the blinking
LEDs

(I can feel the eyes of marketing and product concepting people boring a
hole into my back.)

Regards,
Amit