[maemo-users] On-connect event

On Tuesday 09 January 2007 21:16, Joel Gwynn wrote:
> Is there a way to create a program that runs automatically every time
> the n770 connects to a wlan?  Where would I begin researching such a
> thing?

You can program the necessary dbus calls yourself.  However, I just created a
tool to do exactly this.  Take a look at dbus-scripts on
http://www.cobb.uk.net/770/index.html.

If you install dbus-scripts you can then create a file in /etc/dbus-scripts.d
containing the line:

/some/script * * com.nokia.icd status_changed * WLAN_INFRA

and /some/script will be called each time a WLAN event notification is seen on
the dbus.  In the script, $5 will be the interface name and $7 the new state
(IDLE, CONNECTED, etc.).

Graham