[maemo-users] Open source Java

On Monday 08 January 2007 06:22, Wahlau - wrote:
> HI all,
>
> while reading this thread, i made a search and found Sebas got things
> working:
> http://sebas-nokia770.blogspot.com/2006/12/java-on-nokia-770-simple-and-eas
>y.html
>
> can't try that now, since i don have my 770 with me. Anyone with time
> and courage can test it out... shall do when i find some free time
> tonight.
>
> cheers,
>
> wahlau.

wahlau,

   I'd love to compare results with you so far yes it does install without a
hitch (no conflicts no missing libraries etc.) But I haven't been able to
find evidence of a plugin for either the opera or the minimo browser.
(about:plugins doesn't work dang it.)  still looking into what and were it
installed the files most seem to be in /usr/local/.  going to the anfy java
page (just to view some applets.) the site claims I have a non-java enabled
browser.

James