[maemo-users] Flipping the screen

Aaron Patterson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm left-handed, and I think that holding the 770 would be more
> comfortable for me if I could flip the screen.  Is that possible?  I
> googled a bit and searched through the settings, but couldn't find
> anything!

It is not official feature but looks like it is possible to do.
http://lemody.blogspot.com/2005/11/xrandr-o-2.html
Sadly this is more than year old and there was no visible progress since
then. Also there is no public programming information on the epson video
chip used in N770. From the product brief [1] it looks like it has all
kinds of nifty features, some of them unused (rotation, preventing
tearing in video playback).

I guess this is perfect question for unresolved issues:
What is the problem with implementing HW based screen rotation for
left-handed people?

Frantisek

1.
http://www.erd.epson.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=192&Itemid=40