[maemo-users] 770 on the way

[...]
> Just jumping in on this: here in Austria I guess 80-90% of phones are
> sold by mobile operators including a contract (binding customers usually
> for 24 months). The phones are usually SIM/Network-locked and also
> branded by the operator, but usually way cheaper than when buying them
> without contract (most low end phones are given away with the contract
> for free), which is probably the reason why they do get sold that way at
> all.
[...]

In Spain this is also true. People usually buy their phones branded/locked by
operators.

The non-locked unbranded phones are denominated "free", and in the last year
or so their are also sold in big commercial stores, so I guess their sales
are growing a lot... but most of the people I know have a branded phone.
--

        Eloi Crespillo Itchart
        ZEN Programari lliure i xarxes SLL
        eloi at ikuszen.com | eloi at grupoikusnet.com