[maemo-users] power management

On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 11:07 +0000, ext Gavin O' Gorman wrote:
> On 11/8/06, Lionel Besson <lionel.besson at m4tp.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can find the parameters timeout_wlan, timeout_dun_cs and
> > timeout_dun_ps in /system/osso/connectivity via gconftool. These
> > parameters are accessible via the Connection manager > Tools >
> > Connectivity settings > Idle times and seems to be related with your
> > problem (but i haven't tried them enough to assure you that it's gonna
> > work)
>
> Ok,
> Thanks for those replies, I'll play around with them and see what I can achieve
Gavin,
I don't remember the details for connectivity power management, but my
advice is to not force the LCD on unless you have a real need for it: it
really sucks lots of power and connectivity should provide its means to
keep the radio on. If not, then it's a bug.

--
Cheers

Igor Stoppa <igor.stoppa at nokia.com>
(Nokia M - OSSO / Tampere Finland)