[maemo-users] My Nokia 770 Turns Itself On?!

Hi All,

I noticed my N770 turn itself on. At first I thought I am doing it by
mistake, or the power button gets pressed while the device is in my
briefcase.... none of that....

I searched the web and found this problem is known - so I am not alone.

I never know if my device will be usable when I really need since the
battery is drained out and when I want to use it - it won't turn on.

I noticed it started after updating to the new OS - v1-2006.26-8

Example:

My device is turned off: I pressed the power button, waited for the device
to turn itself off - saw the progress bar, Nokia logo and the screen went
black - put it in the hard case and the black cloth cover, and in my
briefcase.

While at work, I am not allowed to use it, so it's in my briefcase all the
time beside me. suddenly I hear the Nokia welcome sound....

when I take it out - it's as if it was in standby mode all along....

Someone already asked about this problem on the list but didn't get much
help. One of the replies told him to check if an alarm is active - I have
checked it. It isn't - I don't use alarms on my N770.

Any ideas?

Any other mailing lists q resources I should post this question to?

Thanks!

--

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746