[maemo-users] My Nokia 770 Turns Itself On?!

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 10:36 +0200, ext Amichai Rotman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I noticed my N770 turn itself on. At first I thought I am doing it by
> mistake, or the power button gets pressed while the device is in my
> briefcase.... none of that....
>
> I searched the web and found this problem is known - so I am not
> alone.
>
> I never know if my device will be usable when I really need since the
> battery is drained out and when I want to use it - it won't turn on.
>
> I noticed it started after updating to the new OS - v1-2006.26-8
>
> Example:
>
> My device is turned off: I pressed the power button, waited for the
> device to turn itself off - saw the progress bar, Nokia logo and the
> screen went black - put it in the hard case and the black cloth cover,
> and in my briefcase.
>
> While at work, I am not allowed to use it, so it's in my briefcase all
> the time beside me. suddenly I hear the Nokia welcome sound....
>
> when I take it out - it's as if it was in standby mode all along....
>
> Someone already asked about this problem on the list but didn't get
> much help. One of the replies told him to check if an alarm is active
> - I have checked it. It isn't - I don't use alarms on my N770.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Any other mailing lists q resources I should post this question to?
>
> Thanks!

Hi,
it could be that the bug has been triggered if you have used an alarm at some point in time.
Have you tried to reflash?

Btw, unless you plan to use it very seldom, i'd rather advice to not
turn it off: 1 battery charge lasts in idle longer than 7 days (with
very new batteries i got it last longer than 9 days).
The energy used when booting up / powering down is worth many hours of
idle.

--
Cheers,
           Igor