[maemo-users] Avoiding loopback local IP address mode in WIFI connections using Internet Tablet OS 2006

	Hi,

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 12:34 +0200, ext Paule Ecimovic wrote:

> hotspots followed by a message of the form "Connecting to <SSID> using local
> IP address"  with <SSID> being a given WIFI connection ID, followed in turn
> by a red question mark covering the WIFI connection icon. Does anyone know

If you end up with link local IP(v4) adresses in the range 169.x.x.x,
then your device fails to contact the DHCP server. A common cause is to
mistype ones WEP key. Unfortunately I'm not at all sure this is the
cause of your problem. What kind of WLAN networks are you connecting to?
Open/WEP/WPA encrypted? How is the "logging in" supposed to be done in
the hotspot?

Cheers,

	Patrik

--