[maemo-users] Avoiding loopback local IP address mode in WIFI connections using Internet Tablet OS 2006

Hi all,

    Ever since I switched to Internet Tablet OS (ITOS) 2006, I keep on
getting WIFI connections set to LOOPBACK, i.e., without dynamically-assigned
IP addresses from the WIFI Internet Routers both at home and public wifi
hotspots followed by a message of the form "Connecting to <SSID> using local
IP address"  with <SSID> being a given WIFI connection ID, followed in turn
by a red question mark covering the WIFI connection icon. Does anyone know
how to overcome this problem and get a usable WIFI connection with a
dynamically-assigned IP address in ITOS 2006?

Cheers,

    Paule