[maemo-users] Python Serial

On 8/18/06, Michael Duergner <duergner at cmu.edu> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> could anyone tell me which steps I would have to do in order to be able to make a serial connection with the Python for Maemo? I read that I would have to reintroduce the termios packages but to be honest I`m not that familiar with that stuff.

Very quickly since in this moment I've not access to the scratchbox
installation i'm using:

1) download the python source package (apt-get source python)
2) unzip it
3) go to the debian subdir
4) open the rules file with an editor, locate the "rm termios.so" line
and remove it
5) run the dpkg-buildpackage command (you may find an howto on the
maemo site) under the armel environment
6) you get a new python deb file you can install in your 770

--
Fabio Forno, PhD
Istituto Superiore Mario Boella
Jabber ID: xmpp:ff at kamin.polito.it