[maemo-users] MMC partitions w/ ITOS2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 17:35, ext Laurent MARTIN wrote:
> Hi!
> I've just installed the OS2006 beta and I'm not sure how I should
> format my 1Gb RSMMC card to enable built-in "virtual memory"
> mechanism. With the previous FW, I had 2 partitions (vfat and ext2):
> now should I simply keep one large vfat partition?

The swap file will be stored to the first partition (VFAT if you format
with the 770) as a file named '.swap'. So, there is no separate
partition for it. Formatting MMC with 770 will probably destroy all your
partitions, because I noticed one case when 770 couldn't format a usable
MMC when it didn't zero the partition table first (so I will make it
zero the partition table before repartitioning and formatting, to ensure
that a usable MMC can be always formatted). Thus, if you want to use
more than one partition, you'll need to partition and format MMC in a
desktop machine.

BR; Kimmo