[maemo-users] Using VoIP on maemo 2.0

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 10.06.2006, 19:40 +0200 schrieb Xavier Calbet:
>   What kind of protocol or software client on the
> PC does the VoIP of the Nokia 770 support?

GoogleTalk for Windows works like a charm (tried it yesterday at night)
- even with the integrated mic and speaker :-)

The nice thing is that I did not have to change any firewall rules as
with sip and h323, skype-like feeling for me... but with a much smoother
technology.

Will try it with my bluetooth headset as soon as I have some free
time...

>   Is it just Google Talk and thus it is not possible
> to use a Linux client on the PC end?

Google released Jingle Libs which uses xmpp (jabber) for signaling and
chat and the asterisk IAX protocol for voice transportation. AFAIK.

>   Is there a Linux application on a PC that can make
> the VoIP phone calls to and from the Nokia 770?

There is some kind of beta of the psi jabber client out there, that
supports jingle calls ...

Regards,

Michael

--