[maemo-users] new 770 hardware instead of software update to add VOIP?

On Sun, 2006-05-14 at 15:33 -0500, Kasper Souren wrote:
> Isn't that normal with these kind of gadgets? If you care about that
> you should never buy any hardware.

It is normal, but the period of time we are talking about here is short
even for consumer electronics.

I don't care if they come out with new Maemo hardware, I do care if they
don't support both (or all) models/revisions fully--this tends to happen
after several iterations of hardware with most stuff. Fortunately, the
Maemo/Nokia 770 will probably end up being very different due to the
openness of the whole thing.

Anyway, evidently the idea of new hardware has been debunked already:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.maemo.user/1137

Regards,
Andrew Barr