[maemo-users] installing applications from control panel -- no 'extras' folder

hi heike -
> > weird? how can i fix or amend this without a command prompt? (i have a
> > chicken + egg problem!)
>
> Indeed.  Looks like you're stuck.  You can't even ssh there since you
> need the command prompt to get sshd up.  To me, it looks like it's
> time to re-flash.  Maybe someone comes up with a better idea, though.

i did try reflashing, both with first and SE of the nokia flasher.
(what is the precise difference between the versions? does it matter?)
and then installing and no dice. still the same problem.

erg! i used the flasher via GUI method via mac os x as described here:
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_FlashLatestNokiaImageWithMacOSX.

thanks, christine