[maemo-users] Bluetooth keyboard

ext ntic wrote:
> Le jeudi 04 mai 2006 ? 11:27 -0700, Gary a ?crit :
>> With the latest version of the bt module, I had to pair my Nokia and my
>> keyboard before they'd work properly.
>
> I can't pair them because the keyboard doesn't appear in the list when
> scanning for keyboard.
>
>> What kind of keyboard are you using?
>
> It's a freedom keyboard
> http://freedominput.com/mainsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=34

Unfortunately the freedom keyboard will not work with the BT plugin, as
the keyboard does not support the required Bluetooth HID profile. The
keyboard uses the serial port profile, which is why it is being detected
as a potential GPS device.

I believe that it might be possible to get the keyboard working with the
kbdd program, although it's quite complicated. See
http://fanoush.webpark.cz/maemo/ and
http://handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/kbdd for information.

Regards,
Tomas