[maemo-users] Post-Upgrade Script

Greetings,

Several folks have contacted me off-list about the script I use to
automate much of the post-upgrade headache that is so often grumped about.
 It's based on the setup described at the syncing apple:

http://www.dillernet.com/apple/2006/01/01/recovering-from-a-firmware-flash/
http://www.dillernet.com/apple/2006/01/11/770-previous-post-redux/

In addition to trivial changes to the package list and removing
functionality I don't need, I've added lines to allow user to sudo (this
allows you to "sudo su" to root after you disable R&D mode, and is easier
to modify than gainroot in my opinion), which must be run in the root
section of the script:

   cp -p /etc/sudoers /etc/sudoers~
   echo user ALL = NOPASSWD: ALL >> /etc/sudoers

And I've moved the application installs into the user section of the
script.  It's functionally the same, but it's important for people who
haven't rooted their device to understand that the normal user can still
install apps from the command line.  Perhaps if someone has an account to
comment on Andy's blog they can pass on this feedback to him.

Thanks,
Mike