[maemo-users] flasher: usb_bulk_write: Broken pipe

Hi,

Kimmo H?m?l?inen wrote:

>>B) Whats the reason for the "usb_bulk_write: Broken pipe"-error? Is
>>there something wrong with the flasher? With the USB-setup on my
>>Linux-PC? With the image I'm trying to transfer? Unfortunately I deleted
>>the seemingly "broken" image file so I would never touch it again by
>>mistake; now I cant compare it to the one that worked. I remember them
>>being equal in size, but I was always told its not size that matters ;-)
>>

>At least I heard that flashing using USB hub in the middle was not
>possible, so maybe this error case because of that?

I had the impression that the image provided at the Nokia site is
corrupt. The _Nokia_ image available from the Maemo site had
the exact same size as the image provided at the Nokia site, but
the sha1 checksums were different. The Nokia image from the
Maemo site flashed perfectly on my N770 while the one from
the Nokia site, continuously failed with an error.

Someone else had this same problem, and I replied to his e-mail
on this mailinglist on the third of February. For him too, the Nokia
image from the Maemo site flashed fine, while flashing the Nokia
image from the Nokia site failed.

Let me restate that I am not talking about the maemo developer
images, but the Nokia images available from the Maemo site, which
require you to enter the code from the back of the device to get
access to the downloadpage.

I figured the Nokia images from the Nokia site, would not work for
anyone... but as there's apparantly only a few people experiencing
trouble with that image...

With friendly regards,
Takis