[maemo-users] MMC Card Problem

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 29.03.2006, 09:48 -0700 schrieb Preston Schilling:
> Hello,
>
> I just purchased a Nokia 770 and everything seems to work fine except
> for the nokia says that the MMC card is not inserted when it really is.
> I'm sure i am putting it in right, i put the card in my mmc reader and
> card seems to be fine, i even put a file on it. but i have been unable
> for the nokia to recognize it. Has any one seen this problem? Also when
> connecting nokia via the USB cable to my computer i do not see the
> storage device either.

Argh, this will sound so cocky, especially since you said you put it in
correctly.... but:

Are you sure?

The seven contacts must be facing upwards (towards you when the nokia
screen front is visible)

also there is a cut edge... it must be at the top left.

So:

/UUUUUUU

when the nokia is on the table in a way that lets you read text on it
normally :)

On my MMC card, there is a sticker, too. It faces DOWN to the table.

Also, you must put it in far enough so that you hear a gentle click of
the holding mechanism. It's far enough when you can close the cover an
it doesn't stick out of the outline of the nokia at all (and you have to
close the cover).

And another thing, what (filesystem) did you format it with?

cheers,
  Danny