[maemo-users] best approach installing deb pkgs

Hello,

I'm new to this list and a very newbie with the 770.

Does anybody have any suggestion about the best approach installing packages
on the 770?

I mean, if you install through the application manager, everything goes
in /var/lib/install.

This is ok, I added these dirs to the path in /etc/profile and|or various
bashrc config files, but what about libraries not found?

Should I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Or a best approach would be installing by hand with dpkg -x ?

Any hints are welcome.

Have a nice day!
--
Alessandro Pasotti