[maemo-users] Mic input - is it available on the headphone jack

Is it possible to feed the mic input through the headphone jack? In
other words, did Nokia either a) design the headphone jack with a 4
conductor connector (like a camcorder's audio/video connector), or b)
did they make a software switch that switches the jack from stereo out
to mono out/mono in (like some cellphones).

The reason I ask is that I am interested in porting gmfsk, a program
amateur radio operators use to communicate over shortwave to the Nokia.
However, this at a minimum requires the ability to feed audio into the
device for digital demodulation - using the microphone and "air
coupling" would really NOT be the best way to go.