Browser issue (was Re: [maemo-users] First impressions, first questions, first problems)

Hi Jukka,

[concerning my trouble with the derstandard.at webpage]
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 01:05:53PM +0200, jukka.k.immonen at nokia.com wrote:

> This seems to be a problem with JavaScript. The Opera browser has a
> limited amount of memory allowed to be used for JavaScript. This memory
> amount is defined in /home/user/.opera/opera.ini (line [Cache] portion,
> defining the ECMAScript).
>
> I managed to get this specific web page working, after removing the
> ECMAScript line (in my unit this was defined to 64k).
>
> If you still have this problem, try to remove that specific line from
> opera.ini and see if it helps.

This works; at least the page doesn't crash on the first try (I don't
have time to play further now) -- many thanks!!!

> I didn't have time to check if your browser problem (with
> derstandard.at) has already been solved, so I'm giving you a fix
> anyway...

I filed a bugzilla bugreport, but did not receive any follow-up yet.

Thanks again,

Stefan

PS: I guess there is now way other way than to edit opera.ini(?)

--
Stefan Boresch
Institute for Biomolecular Structural Chemistry