[maemo-users] [maemo-developers] Gnumeric 1.6.2 and goffice 0.2 Released

Armin M. Warda wrote:
> (Cross post to maemo-developers at maemo.org from maemo-uses at maemo.org)
>
>   Hi,
>
> unfortunately this release of gnumeric lacks the ability to put
> an icon into the taskbar of the Nokia770, thus if you 'accidentally'
> minimize the running gnumeric app, you cannont maximize it and
> thus have to kill it from the xterm.

This is also a problem for any X app remoted over SSH - which I consider
one of the big wins of the Nokia/Maemo platform. What about modding the
window manager such that if a toplevel window iconifies itself, an icon
is created on the taskbar, or at least an entry created within an icon
on the taskbar?

That way, any X app that is minimized can still be retrieved.