[maemo-users] First impressions, first questions, first problems

Stefan Boresch wrote:
> (2) Can one get the filemanager application to view files that
> do not live under the ~/MyDocs hierarchy. I wouldn't mind the graphical
> interface for files that I wrote/produced whatever in xterms etc.

You can try to create a symbolic link under MyDocs to the place you want
to see from the File Manager.

> (3) I have installed the GPE-PIM suite of tools, very nice! However,
> is there some documentation (help) available (or am I just too stupid
> to find it?) Specifically, I'd like to know how I can backup my data.
> Since I experiment with the 770, I may have to reflash it at some point
> and would prefer not to loose all my contacts. Are there some files
> (directory) which one can rsync to some external machine for this purpose?

Take a look at this:
http://www.bleb.org/software/770/#sync
http://www.dillernet.com/apple/2006/01/01/recovering-from-a-firmware-flash/

--
Israel Herraiz             | Libre Software Engineering Lab (GSyC)
israel.herraiz at urjc.es     | Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
http://libresoft.urjc.es   | c/Tulip?n s/n 28933 M?stoles (Madrid)