[maemo-users] 770 dying on me

On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 08:04:40PM +0000, Jelte Liebrand wrote:
> Hiya guys,
>
> So if I put it in it's cover (which should put it in offline mode
> right?), then to have it died after 7 hours without any low battery
> audio warning, sounds wrong...

Did never any scientific tests, but the 7 hours doesn't sound right.

My typical usage pattern is either (starting from fully charged):
(i) use it fairly often throughout the day (web browsing, xterm for ssh remote
login), but put it in its cover when not needed. Battery at the end
of the day is down to the last indicator, but no warning. Alternatively,
use it rarely to check mail or quickly look at a weather page ..., standby
for the remainders. This brought me to three days, and a battery indicator
down to two dashes (about half). All this seems/-ed to be in line
with what Nokia claims.

Hope that that clarifies things, although it's not necessarily good
news for you.

Stefan

--
Stefan Boresch
Institute for Biomolecular Structural Chemistry