Von: Martin Grimme [mailto:mgrimme at online.de]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2006 16:49
An: Messing, Elad
Cc: maemo-users at maemo.org
Betreff: Re: [maemo-users] Installing new fonts for the opera browser

Am Donnerstag, den 12.01.2006, 15:28 +0100 schrieb Messing, Elad:
> Hello Everyone,
>         I am a newbie N770 user.
>         I browsed some of my favorite websites - to find out I can
> only see squares [] instead of characters.
>         When looking through the different encoding available - I
> could see many languages are missing.
>
>         Is there a way to install some more encoding for the Opera
> browser ?

You can install TrueType fonts into /home/user/.fonts, e.g. Arial Unicode. But the Opera browser will still miss the encodings, so that most Asian websites won't be viewable.
But the other applications will benefit from the fonts, e.g. the file manager will be able to correctly display Chinese filenames.

Regards, Martin