[maemo-users] email application "Error occurred"

fre 2005-12-16 klockan 14:54 +0200 skrev Dirk-Jan.Binnema at nokia.com:

> Hi Erik,
>
> > The email application worked fine (well, it worked) for me
> > yesterday. Today it dies with "Error occurred" as soon as it needs to
> > check email.
> >
> > If I empty my mailbox, it works, but as soon as there is a mail in it,
> > this happens.
> >
> > Has anyone else seen this? Anyone know why this happens?
>
> We're looking into this...

Thanks, this stops me from using my 770 to read mails now. And gmail
eats all the memory of the machine after a while (reading is ok as long
as you restart the browser now and then, but writing usually doesn't
work for me)

> > Will the source code to the email app be released? I started to try to
> > port sylpheed to maemo yesterday and it definitely seems to be possible,
> > but I'd rather solve the problem in the real email app instead!
>
> https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/email/
> (use guest/guest to log in)
>
> There's hard work going on in the code, so I hope we can fix
> these problems in the forthcoming releases.

I hope so,
I've checked out the code now, will try it out in scratchbox for a
while :)

Thanks
Regards,
Erik