[maemo-users] Nokia 770 with the N90

From: http://www.internettablettalk.com/blog/?p=209

Ok, I think pairing the 770 with an N-series phone is great. I like how the 770
supports RS-MMC and DV-RS-MMC cards. I managed to play with the N90, took 2MP
pics and catured videos with sound, saving them directly to the DV-RS-MMC.

I then popped out the card from the N90 and inserted it to the 770. I ran image
viewer (Images), opened the image folder in the card and displayed the images.
It worked beautifully!

I then ran Video player, opened the Video folder, and nothing. It can't see the
any video files. I then ran File Manager to check if the video files were
indeed on the Video folder. I saw several .mp4 files but no application was
associated to the .mp4 extension. I then thought of changing the extension of
one file to .avi. Surely enough, the icon changes to a video clip icon -- but
the main question was, will the Video player recognize the format? Double
tapping the file brings up Video player, and after a second or two, plays the
video. Awesome!

The Nokia 770 specs say that it can supports MPEG1, MPEG4, Real Video, H.263,
AVI, and 3GP. Why only support .avi extensions then? Was this overlooked? Anyw
orkaround to associate .mp4 with the Video player app?