[maemo-users] Issues with RC6 and Maemopad / Tutorial?

Dave Smith writes:
> On 11/22/05, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:
> > Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
>
> On the host, outside of scratchbox, try
>
> xhost +
>
> (This opens potential X security holes, but it should get you going)

Yes, that did the trick. Thanks! And this machine is behind a
firewall, so security isn't an immediate problem.

I'm curious why I needed this if other people don't, though;
and whether there is a more specific "xhost +[something]" that
I might be able to use if I ever want to install the Maemo SDK
on my laptop.

My X setup is fairly standard Ubuntu (hoary) Xorg, except
that I've removed the -nolisten flag from my X server startup
(since I do sometimes use remote X). Could that be related?

	...Akkana