[maemo-users] Re: [maemo-developers] Developer discount charged to credit card!

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Toni Willberg wrote:

> Adam Laurie wrote:
> >> ps. #include <disclaimer_about_mailing_to_wrong_list.txt>
> >

> > Actually, this was specifically mailed to this list to draw it to the
> > attention of other likely victims that may not have noticed. Not
> > everybody checks their credit card statements. Strange, but true.
>
> AFAIK no-one of the _developers_ of Maemo paid for the devices, they
> were provided by a company whose name is printed in the device, thus
> maemo-users would have been good place to send a warning to. :)

Hmm... Toni, I don't see your point. From maemo web pages:

    * maemo-announce: news and updates
    * maemo-users: for maemo users
    * maemo-developers: for maemo hackers
    * maemo-commits: for maemo hackers

Of course I might misunderstand what "hacker" means and I also believe
that most of other "users" do misunderstand that too. I could even go that
far that Nokia/subcontructors could use the user mailing list if maemo
community will evolve and develope something useful ;) So it would be
better to leave the situation as it is and start new Nokia/subcontructors
only mailing list if that is necessary...

--
Valtteri Rahkonen
valtteri at rahkonen.org
http://www.rahkonen.org