[maemo-users] Issues with RC6 and Maemopad / Tutorial?

Hi,

> I'm curious why I needed this if other people don't, though; and whether
> there is a more specific "xhost +[something]" thatI might be able to use
> if I ever want to install the Maemo SDK on my laptop.

If you run Xephyr from inside the Scratchbox, it cannot access
the .Xauthority file in your home directory (on the host) so
that it could authenticate that you're the same user.

There are several different ways to get around this:
- Copy the ~/.Xauthority file to your Sbox home directory
- Use "xhost +localhost" outside Sbox
- Run your desktop X server without any access control using
  the -ac option (not recommended for obvious reasons :))
- Run Xephyr (which is inside Sbox) from outside the Sbox,
  this is easiest done with a script like at the bottom

The reason why Xephyr can connect your desktop X server from
inside the Sbox even with normal unix socket is that Sbox
shares the /tmp/ with the host system.  There's more information
about this on the Sbox site.

	- Eero
#!/bin/sh -e
dpy=:1

case "$1" in
  ""|-*) break ;; # nothing or options
  *) dpy="$1"; shift ;;
esac

prefix=/scratchbox/users/${LOGNAME}/targets/PC/usr
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${prefix}/lib; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
exec $prefix/bin/Xephyr ${dpy} -host-cursor -screen 800x480x16 -dpi 96 -ac "$@"