How to implement live migration of VMs in thinlv after using lvmlockd

Hi all,

I want to implement live migration of VMs in the lvm + lvmlockd + sanlock environment. There are multiple hosts in the cluster using the same iscsi connection, and the VMs are running on this environment using thinlv volumes. But if want to live migrate the vm, it will be difficult since thinlv which from the same thin pool can only be exclusive active on one host.

I found a previous subject that discussed this issue:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/20180305165926.GA20527@xxxxxxxxxx/

The VM in the source host will become suspended after completing the drain IO operation, and no new IO will be issued until the VM in the destination host resumes again during the live migration. Dave recommends to uninstall volumes at the source and activate at the destination within this time window.

However, executing the activate/deactivate command for thinlv volumes during a VM live migration will cause the VM Guest received an acpi message and the Guest will suppose that the disk device has been unmounted.

Or maybe my understanding is off. Can I ask for your help?

Regards,

Zhiyong Ye