Re: raidintegrity on non top level LVs

On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 04:27:53PM +0200, ajs124 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been wondering. Why does lvconvert not allow me to add raid
> integrity to LVs that are not top level?
> It only says "Integrity can only be added to top level raid LV."
>
> Skimming the commit that added this [1] did not provide me with
> an answer, so I thought I'd ask here.

Hi, good question, I think it was just an effort to limit the scope of the
feature initially.  Over time we can possibly expand the scope after
seeing how things were working technically, and the experience of users.
I'm curious to know what configuration you're trying, and if you have any
experience using raid+integrity otherwise.

Dave