Re: Where are the data blocks of an LV?

See https://talk.manageiq.org/t/lvm-internals-structures-disk-layout/1328

On 26 July 2022 09:16:31 Marcin Owsiany <marcin@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I know that it is possible to find where a given logical volume's extents start on a PVs thanks to the information printed by lvdisplay --maps.

I was also able to experimentally establish that the actual data of an LV starts one megabyte after that location. Is that offset documented anywhere, or can I somehow discover it at runtime for a given LV?

regards,
Marcin