Re: Running thin_trim before activating a thin pool

Il 2022-01-31 16:28 Demi Marie Obenour ha scritto:
thin_trim is a userspace tool that works on an entire thin pool, and I
suspect it may be significantly faster than blkdiscard of an individual
thin volume.  That said, what I would *really* like is something
equivalent to fstrim for thin volumes: a tool that works asynchronously,
in the background, without disrupting concurrent I/O.

Are you sure that fstrim works asynchronously?
I remember "fstrim -v /mybigdevice" tacking some time (~30s).

FYI, you might want to specify a full fingerprint here; short key IDs
are highly vulnerable to collision and preimage attacks.

Yeah, it is a 15 years old signature I must decide to update ;)
Thanks.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico