Re: About online pvmove/lvresize on shared VG

Hi David,

Thank for your reply.
more questions,

On 7/9/2020 12:05 AM, David Teigland wrote:
On Wed, Jul 08, 2020 at 03:55:55AM +0000, Gang He wrote:
but I cannot do online LV reduce from one node,
the workaround is to switch VG activation_mode to exclusive, run lvreduce command on the node where VG is activated.
Does this behaviour is by-design? or a bug?

It was intentional since shrinking the cluster fs and LV isn't very common
(not supported for gfs2).
OK, thank for confirmation.

For pvmove command, I cannot do online pvmove from one node,
The workaround is to switch VG activation_mode to exclusive, run pvmove command on the node where VG is activated.
Does this behaviour is by-design? do we do some enhancements in the furture?
or any workaround to run pvmove under shared  activation_mode? e.g. --lockopt option can help this situation?

pvmove is implemented with mirroring, so that mirroring would need to be
replaced with something that works with concurrent access, e.g. cluster md
raid1.  I suspect there are better approaches than pvmove to solve the
broader problem.
Sorry, I am a little confused.
In the future, we can do online pvmove when VG is activated in shared mode? from man page, I feel these limitations are temporary (or Not Yet Complete). By the way, --lockopt option can help this situation? I cannot find the detailed description for this option in manpage.

Thanks
Gang

Dave