Displaying fan speeds

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 on an Asus Prime Z370-A which has an Intel
Core i7-8700 CPU; this has 6 cores and 12 threads.

With the 20.04 Ubuntu installation + lm-sensors, Gkrellm will display
the activity of the 12 threads, but not the fan speeds. (When I ran
sensors-detect it added
coretemp
nct6775
to /etc/modules)

I understand that if lm-sensors can see it, Gkrellm will display it.
When I run "sensors", sensors does not display fan speeds.

However, if I set the boot option acpi=off, sensors and Gkrellm will
display the fan speeds, but I can only see the 6 cores.

Is there a way of configuring things so that I can display both the
activity of the12 threads and the fan speeds?

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber