Re: Fwd: The sad state of lm-sensors.org

Hi Guenter,

> On 02/18/2016 05:42 AM, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
>>
>> Hello All,
>>
>> The http://lm-sensors.org/ website is unreachable from many months
>> now, and as far as I can guess, it will not be brought up any time
>> soon.
>>
>> I think it's time to move the old svn to github (gitlab?) and open a
>> website there.
>>
>> Importing the old svn is a really simple process and I'm offering to
>> volunteer the migration and setup of the new website.
>>
>> Obviously, we may not use the pull request mechanism, but rely instead
>> on the old manual way carried up by the project maintainer.
>>
>> What do you think?
>>
> The repositories are mirrored at https://github.com/groeck/i2c-tools and
> https://github.com/groeck/lm-sensors. We are in the process of finding
> final homes.

Ok, could I suggest to register a new lm-sensors entity in github and
create two subprojects? Like:

https://github.com/lm-sensors/lm-sensors
https://github.com/lm-sensors/i2c-tools

I think that will have a more institutional relevance than a personal
repository.

> The web site will have to be re-created.

If we are going for github, we can use github pages, I'm offering to
volunteer for the new website.
That way we should only buy and renew the dns for lm-sensor.org, no
more problems with the hosting!

Sincerely, Angelo

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo