Re: Problems with lm-sensors web site / Wiki

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 9:12 AM, Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 01/27/2016 01:17 AM, Philip Edelbrock wrote:

>>> The maintainer is not reachable. I think we'll have to re-create the site
>>> from scratch.
>>>
>>> Guenter
>>

>> Yes, unfortunately.  I see www.lm-sensors.org is pointing to the httptunnel project, which is definitely not us.
>>
>> I just wish we had a copy of the Trac and database with all the pages and such… ugggg.  That’s a bit upsetting.
>>
> Most or at least some of it can be found in web caches, though it will be a bit of work.
>
>> I could set something up where the web files are on Github and we can have multiple authors.  If nothing else, somebody could always take the Github files and run with them without having to track down a former MIA admin.
>>
>> It probably won’t be too soon, though, I’m a bit swamped with my day job but I’ll try to get something going soon with multiple admins.  I’m open to other ideas, too.  I own lm-sensors.org and can get the DNS to point anywhere.
>>

> Is it possible to set up a wiki ? No idea how the back-end storage would work, though.
> We'll definitely want it backed up this time.
>
> Guenter

Most recent Internet Archive for lm-sensors.org is here: https://web.archive.org/web/20150905145034/http://www.lm-sensors.org/

Plenty of good stuff there to copy and paste from.

And I definitely agree with the sentiment on backing things up! ;’)

For hosting, I’ll get an instance of Heroku going with a basic Ruby on Rails app (it can serve static pages, too, which is probably all we’ll need to start with): https://www.heroku.com

It is free for a ‘hobby’ account which includes a PostgreSQL database (up to 10,000 rows for free, I think).  They are actually an Amazon AWS reseller.  It pulls right from a GitHub project I'll create.  Even if all the admins go MIA, the project could be cloned from github by anyone and keep things going.

In between other work I’ll try to get something going and give people access to it who want to contribute.  Perhaps even this week.

Thanks!

Phil