Re: lm-sensors.org down - Development process changed?

> Am 26.11.2015 um 03:54 schrieb Guenter Roeck <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> NCT5523D presents itself as NCT6106D (chip ID is 0xc452), which is already
> supported by the Linux kernel. Per datasheet, NCT6106D has additional registers,
> but I assume that the respective pins are just not connected on NCT5523D.

Hi Guenter, thanks a lot for this hint. You’re right, the ID is just the same - one more difference is that the chip is connected to the LPC bus. However, as I’m evaluating on basis of CentOS7, my task now is to backport the latest driver to the CentOS’s kernel source. Because Red Hat still does not support the NCT6106D in EL7.

I noticed that elrepo.org already provides such an kmod-nct6775 RPM package for el6, so I’ll work on integrating the package there for el7.

Thanks for your help!
Björn