Re: sensord

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 27 Aug 2015 18:06:21 -0400, Paul Hilt wrote:
> I find lm-sensors pretty useful and the sensors utility works like a charm.
> I wanted to get a little bit more pro-active and decided to install sensord.
>
> I am used to use sensors -f to show all temperatures in Fahrenheit,
> but sensord is reporting them in Celsius by default in /var/log/syslog
> Is there an easy way for me the enduser to change the log messages to be in
> Fahrenheit?

This is not currently implemented.

> And what is the best way to do so?

You would have to add support yourself. That shouldn't be too hard if
you know a bit of C, as you can simply check how this is implemented in
"sensors" and do pretty much the same.

I have created a tracking ticket for this task:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/ticket/2394

--
Jean Delvare
SUSE L3 Support