Re: [RFC] i2c: Revert back to old device naming for ACPI enumerated I2C slaves

On Mon Aug 24 13:52, Jarkko Nikula wrote:

> I don't know how common ACPI enumerated I2C hwmon devices are but I guess
> they exists since Dustin notices this issue and wrote "With that change,
> /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-0-004a, for example, became
> /sys/bus/i2c/devices/i2c-PNPXXXX:xx".

I wouldn't take my particular use case as evidence they are common, or
even they really exist.  I got here because I loaded a hwmon driver
using the _DSD/PRP0001 mechanism in ACPI.  In that case, those devices
have never worked with 'sensors'  Therefore, in that context, this
change is just fixing a bug.

I can't say much about other apps writing against the current sysfs
names.  18 months seems like a long time.

		--Dustin