Re: NCT6793D

Hi,

On 08/26/2015 05:57 PM, Grazvydas Ignotas wrote:
Hi,

I have NCT6793D [1] on a MSI "Z170A PC MATE (MS-7971)" board. There
doesn't seem to be any driver that would work out of the box, and
nct6775 seems to be the closest one. Curiously this chip is not listed
on the manufacturer's website.

[  125.155290] nct6775: unsupported chip ID: 0xd121

Patching that check to treat this chip as nct6792 produces seemingly
working driver. There are various voltages reported (don't know what
they correspond to), cooler connected to CPUFAN1 appears as "fan2" and
gives correct looking RPM, "PECI Agent 0" reading is close to
coretemp, but all other temperature outputs don't seem to be working
(just showing static values). I was able to successfully control the
CPU fan using pwm sysfs knobs.

All in all it seems to be useful on this chip, probably worth enabling
in mainline. Feel free to CC me when/if there are any patches to test.

[1] http://notaz.gp2x.de/img/mess/hw/NCT6793D.jpg

We'll need a little more information. It may well be that the chip is
all the same as the NCT6792D, but who knows.

I'll try to get a datasheet. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,
Guenter