Re: W83627DHG unable to load driver

> The hardware monitoring function in the chip was not activated
> by the BIOS.

All I can see under Super IO Configuration ( inside the BIOS ) is Serial
Port configuration along with a Parallel Port configuration.
Would this have anything to do with ACPI?  I do see something ISA related
when invoking lspci if that makes any difference?

I have seen this on some Supermicro server boards, where
> hardware monitoring is handled by an IPMI chip.

I have an American Megatrends BIOS for an i7 processor on an embedded
board.  I do not believe it has an IPMI chip.

> Enabling the chip manually from user space is technically possible,

but I would not recommend it

How would I go about doing this?  I ran superiotool and got the following
in return:

 superiotool r6637

Found Winbond W83627HF/F/HG/G (id=0x52, rev=0x41) at 0x2e