Re: Trying to get lm_sensors working on an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard

On 1/3/2015 9:43 AM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 04:15:46PM -0800, Mark Hansen wrote:
 I have a new CentOS 7.0 system running on an ASUS M5A97 R2.0 motherboard and
 am having a hard time getting the configuration correct.

 I started by running sensors-detect, which seemed to work. I decided I need
 the "it87" module and added that to /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors.

 I then took a configuration from the lm-sensors Wiki:

 http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/Asus/M5A97-Pro

 Note: I realize this is the Pro and not the R2.0.

 I took the values shown on the BIOS monitoring screen and applied various labels
 and min/max settings to what I thought matched in the sensors output. It all looks
 good (assuming I did things correctly) except that it's showing one voltage output
 that is not on the BIOS screen. This value is outside the min/max range and so it
 shows as "ALARM" and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

 The sensors output is shown below. The specific value I'm talking about
 is called 3VSB. How can I remove this from sensors or set the min/max values
 for it?

3VSB is in7, so you can either configure "ignore in7" or configure in7_min and
in7_max.

Guenter

Thank you, Guenter. That was the ticket.