Help with PMBus VOUT_COMMAND

Hi. I need to configure a BMR464 vout parameter.

For what I've read this is not supported and won't be supported as a
sysfs interface entry, as this is intended for monitoring purposes
only.

I found this message, from 1 year ago, that received no response:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2013-July/039441.html

Is the ioctl a better approach to set the output? Can't we set this
via sys-fs interface and allow only a privileged user to change it?

I would like to have some direction here about what is the best way to
implement this.

Thanks!

--
Leandro