Re: ASUS KGPE-D16 and CentOS 6.5

On 09/01/14 22:24, Seth Bardash wrote:
Jean,

That did it.

New i2c-piix4 driver plus w83795 driver and the previously
mentioned addition to the /etc/sensors3.conf now has all the
sensors working.

The CPU sensors seem a bit low but the extra thermocouples
included with the motherboard are reading right on.
Now I will know if the machine has a fan failure or cooling is
bad.

Thanks very much for your help.
If you want I can post exactly what was done so that CentOS 6.5
support for the ASUS KGPE-D16 is documented.

Best Regards,

Seth Bardash

Seth,

elrepo.org is a community repository providing kernel-ABI tracking RPM packages for RHEL (and CentOS) to provide additional (backported) hardware support for unsupported devices in RHEL. The advantage of kABI tracking kmod packages is that they don't need to be recompiled against each new kernel and thus work seamlessly against each RHEL/CentOS kernel update.

If you like I can assist with packaging and maintaining these backported drivers for RHEL/CentOS (or I can assist you in maintaining them should you prefer). Please feel free to head over to the elrepo.org mailing list or bug tracker (registration required) and drop us a line.

Regards,

Phil