Re: wrong datas ?

On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 18:56:30 +0000 (GMT), linuxcbon wrote:

> Le Lundi 6 janvier 2014 14h03, Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
>
> ...Most important here is the kernel version, and the board brand
> and model.
> ---> yahoo email does "top posting" and not "> quoting", it's bad to answer.
> kernel is 3.9.11
> board is gigabyte GA-MA78GM-UD2H
>
> ...For example, try adding
> the following to a new file under /etc/sensors.d:
> ---> you mean /etc/sensors.conf ?

No I really mean what I said: a new file under /etc/sensors.d, for
example /etc/sensors.d/Gigabyte-MA78GM-UD2H.conf.

You _can_ edit /etc/sensors.conf directly, however your changes are
likely to be lost on package update.

> chip "it8718-*"
>     compute  in3  @ * (6.8/10+1), @ / (6.8/10+1)
> This should make the +5V line look reasonable. The exact scaling factor
> depends on your board.
> ---> it works, now shows +5.05 V

Great.

> ...But first check if we do not already have a configuration file for your
> board...
> ---> do you know where to find it ?

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations

But I did check and we have a number of configuration files for
Gigabyte MA series boards but not yours. You may still find some
inspiration in these files as these two boards use the same monitoring
chip:

http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/Gigabyte/MA785GM-US2H
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations/Gigabyte/MA770-DS3

--