Re: Getting correct temperature information from Intel 945GSE/ICH7M

> > > hardware.
> > > JBC362F36.html) works right out of the box. Got lm-sensor on the
> > > debian system, sensors-detect tells me to modprobe lm78 and the
> > > temperature is roughly the same as the one shown in the bios.

> > > what it reports.

> > > Old drivers, most likely. What is the output of /proc/cpuinfo ?
> >
> > old system:
> > processor       : 0
> > vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> > cpu family      : 6
> > model           : 28
> > model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270   @ 1.60GHz
> > stepping        : 2
> > cpu MHz         : 1600.128
> > cache size      : 512 KB
> > physical id     : 0
> > siblings        : 2
> > core id         : 0
> > cpu cores       : 1
> > apicid          : 0
> > initial apicid  : 0
> > fdiv_bug        : no
> > hlt_bug         : no
> > f00f_bug        : no
> > coma_bug        : no
> > fpu             : yes
> > fpu_exception   : yes
> > cpuid level     : 10
> > wp              : yes
> > flags           : fpu vme de tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat
> clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe constant_tsc arch_perfmon
> pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm
> movbe lahf_lm
> > bogomips        : 3200.25
> > clflush size    : 64
> > cache_alignment : 64
> > address sizes   : 32 bits physical, 32 bits virtual
> > power management:
> >
> > new system:
> > processor       : 0
> > vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
> > cpu family      : 6
> > model           : 54
> > model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N2600   @ 1.60GHz
> > stepping        : 1
> > cpu MHz         : 1596.218
> > cache size      : 512 KB
> > physical id     : 0
> > siblings        : 4
> > core id         : 0
> > cpu cores       : 2
> > apicid          : 0
> > initial apicid  : 0
> > fdiv_bug        : no
> > hlt_bug         : no
> > f00f_bug        : no
> > coma_bug        : no
> > fpu             : yes
> > fpu_exception   : yes
> > cpuid level     : 10
> > wp              : yes
> > flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov
> pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr s
> > se sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts
> > nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl est tm
> > 2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm arat
> > bogomips        : 3192.43
> > clflush size    : 64
> > cache_alignment : 64
> [...]

Thank you for the time you have taken to help me.
I wish I had come to my mind earlier, that would have saved a lot of my time.
Let's see what else I can do in the future with lm-sensors. :)

Best regards,
Sebastian

Automatisch angehangener Disclaimer von SHD
aufgrund der aktuellen Rechtslage
SHD System-Haus-Dresden GmbH - Computerloesungen
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Frank Karow, Dr. Falk Ambos
Sitz der Gesellschaft ist Dresden
Handelsregister: HRB Nr. 329 Amtsgericht Dresden
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE140131570