Re: Gigabyte E240N, it87 module, fan speed control not working, readings may bad

Hi,

If it is not connected shouldn't it report N/A or something like that? Also it is strange the out of 3 temp sensors the second one shows -70 degrees:
# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp1_input
33000
# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp2_input
-70000
# cat /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon1/device/temp3_input
46000
If I get the meaning of the readings well, that 46 Celsius is the core temperature. It would be a bit surprising if that is true, cause there is no load on the machine and the CPU is taken back to 750 Mhz, I would expect a lower value there too.

The pwmX_enable values are 0,2,2 though I can echo anything to it, I can't make the fan stop or change it's speed.

The reason I want to this is that I have made a special case for the machine and the fan I have connected to the system fan is only responsible for HDD cooling, it should controlled by the hddtemp values. But anyway it would be better to have control over the cpu cooling as well cause I think it is overcooled now, which is simply wasting energy.

Cheers,
Tamás